Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Season

Well the season for the Cape has started. We've actually been super busy since the end of March, all of that snow is a distant memory. We're slowly getting the staff up to speed with our new point of sale system, it's great for me as I'm the IT guy at the shop so all day long I hear "George how do you?" We changed from our previous system Digital Retail Solutions RMS to Ascend, Trek's system, as with most things Trek the support is fantastic. I'm reasonably computer savy but when you've run your store with one system and change to another simple language differences can make all of the difference, Fortunately support never makes you feel like an idiot (although a number of times I have been) it's got to be that midwest nice people thing.
This year will be the first in over 5 years we won't have any of our girls coming back, I'll miss them, the rental shop won't be the same without them, Meg O is staying down in PA, Devan C is working for a camp riding horses I'm sure, and Meg D may or may not return to the Cape. I guess it will be a summer of fart jokes and sweaty boys.
If you don't already you can follow us on Facebook also, we actually do a better job of updating Facebook than I do with the blog.
That's all for now I'll post something after the first Corner Cycle cookout.
Cheers,
Geo

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you're still using that grill from Robinson Rd

    ReplyDelete