Friday, October 29, 2010

Loud pipes save lives.

So I'm sitting in the bike shop building a wheel, which if you've ever done it can be very therapeutic. While I was relaxing and working 8 or so really nice guys on most likely v-twin powered motorcycles came roaring by. So my question to you is what gives you the right to (1) violate federal law and remove the stock pipes and (2) disturb my peace with some juvenile show of macho ism? I'm not anti-motorcycle I've owned a bunch of motorbikes and I still have my leathers and helmet so I can ride when my friends bring their bikes by (hint hint) but I never laid into the throttle around town, short shift your hog dude, give my ears a break. So to any of you that like the straight pipe sound I'll offer you a freebie, next Monday morning around 3am I'll come by with my Honda lawn mower and mow your lawn for free! Mulched and bagged too,think about it you'll be the talk of the neighborhood, a free lawn mowing. Sound good, well think about how your motorbike sounds riding through my town, and think about what you're doing when you drop your Visa on the counter for the totally bitchin' Vance and Hines pipes about to be installed on you bike, you're violating federal law and pissing a bunch of people off, why do you think you get hassled and stopped? Oh and by the way loud pipes don't save lives, use your mouse and look up the Doppler Effect on Google, the sound is emitting from behind the vehicle, not the front like a horn or siren, you're past the person you're trying to make notice you before they hear your drag pipes.
Oh and grow up.

botd=BBC Steel Rail Extra Pale Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment